- We Check that the condition of the container meets the criteria specified in the lease agreement.
- We Create a detailed record of the container’s condition, with particular focus on any pre-existing damage or other defects. This is to guard against the lessee being held liable for any damage which occurred before delivery of the container
- Classify the container as general-cargo, food-grade, or other standard specified by the lessee
- For reefer containers, we check the machinery and test the motors for bearing noise or leakage, to ensure the operational reliability of the container.
- We follow standard procedures and guidelines established by IICL5 (Institute of International Container Lessors), and specific customer criteria if required.
- Our technicians are fully trained and IICL Certified
- We only ever use genuine replacement parts approved by the container manufacturer for both reefer and dry container repairs.
- Dedicated Quality Control – Depot Audits, Verification of repair estimates, Post repair inspection
- Containers repair estimates can be sent electronically (EDI) with photographs for approval